Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Baby Shower

As soon as I told my close friend Chiaki that we were pregnant, she wanted to be the one to host my Baby shower. She is a very creative person & I knew that it would be the most fabulous shower! She opened her gorgeous home to my other close friends & family. Since it was such a pleasant spring day (very rare in Ohio), we were able to utilize the back porch/ patio area. She & her mother (who is a retired chef) did all the cooking, & let me tell you what a spread we had!
The theme of the party was baby boy colors (blues & browns). On the invites, there was a robin sitting on its nest. Chiaki found someone to make these adorable cupcakes to mimic the invites! These went home with everyone, along with a small goody bag.

It was such a girly time & I enjoyed getting to chat with my gal pals. I’m also very grateful for the fantastic presents that we received!