Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby Greyson's Room

As soon as we found out that we were having a boy, I immediately started thinking of how I wanted to decorate the baby’s room. We first picked out the baby bedding, next we researched the furniture/compared prices, & finally found a bedroom suit that we liked. We then chose the wall colors. I didn’t want all blue, so I came up with the idea of installing a chair rail. Brandon did this himself (he’s very handy), with the help of his dad.
The railing allowed us to bring into play the use of two colors, one color on top and the other color on the bottom. We took the lightest shades of blue/brown from the baby bedding & used those as the wall colors.
On the wall where Baby Grey’s crib is, we decorated it with his name & some dark brown dots that match the bedding.
On the opposite wall where the changing table is, I found this lovely prayer that I wanted to have up in the room. It’s an actual stencil, and was really easy to apply.
 Brandon worked really hard to get this room done & we are delighted with how cute it turned out!